- A nerve stimulation device designed to be used by a specifically trained anesthetist during.
- General anesthesia for purpose of establishing the effcacy of a neuromuscular blocking agent using noninvasive surface electrodes (not supplied)
- Regional anestesia for purpose of:
- Nerve mapping using noninvasive nerve mapping nerve mapping probe (supplied) OR
- Nerve locating using invasive electrodes (not suplied) or needles (suppied)
- Ability to adjust current, pulse width and twitch frequency.
- Visual and audible feedback is given when the target current and pulse width ranges are reached indicating probable nerve proximity.
- Displays real time waveforms of the currents delivered. Pause mode allows changing stimulus parameters without stimulating.
- Non-linear current adjustment. User can pre-program 20 different current and pulse width settings.
Items needed for basic nerve stimulation are:
- Stimpod NMS450X (#NB-STIM), Nerve Location and Mapping Cable (#NBMP), Crocodile Clip (#NBCC) and choice of stimulating needle.
- Nerve Mapping Probe (#NBMP) enables nerve location and transcutaneous nerve mapping at higher currents (to a maximum of 20mA), while the tip offers a contact surface small enough to ensure effective discrimination.
- Tri-axial accelerometer (#NBCA) provides real time feedback of the strength of contraction of the affected limb (Train of Four, Double Burst, and Post Tetanic Count modes only). The strength of each measured contraction is displayed graphically and the relevant ratios are calculated and displayed.
CLICK HERE; For Instructions "Using NMBA Cable with Accelerometer (#NBMP)"
Video showing Stimpod in use with NBCA Cable
Click article links on "How to Use the NBCA on a Pig":
Stimulating nerve block needles are for acute pain management and to help increase overall nerve block success. Available in a variety of sizes. Can be used with or without ultrasound guidance.
- 2mm pin connector is compatible with MILA Stimpod and most nerve stimulators.
- Insulated needle cannula with a stimulating tip allows for needle guidance using stimulation.
- B Bevel, echo needle tip designed to increase visibility under ultrasound guidance.
- Centimeter markings on the outer cannula to facilitate depth placement.
- Item #NB2205, NB2108 and NB2110.
ECHOGENIC NEEDLES for ULTRASOUND
Echogenic needles feature 360° dimple reflectors located at the distal end of the needle that create a clear and more defined ultrasound image from any angle without compromising puncture characteristics.
NERVE BLOCK NEEDLES -
- Use for nerve block injections.
- Clear needle tip visualization under ultrasound for safe and accurate needle placement.
- Needle bevel is 30° back-cut.
- Item #E2103 and E2104.
MSK/SPINAL NEEDLES -
- Use for musculoskeletal and spinal injections.
- Clear needle tip visualization under ultrasound for saft and accurate needle placement.
- Needle bevel is Quincke style.
- Item #E2008, E1806 and E1808