- For upper or lower lid.
- Single stick insertion method.
- Soft non-irritating disk and tubing.
- Allows application of eye medication away from the site.
- Easily used in clinical and farm setting.
- Kit includes 12Ga straight or 10° angled trocar, catheter, eyelid lifter, extension tube, luer lock adapter, tongue depressor, catheter for medication infusion and needle free port.
- Repair kit (#6615) includes tubing 20in. long, cannula for connecting tubes, 20Ga catheter, tongue depressor and needle free port.
- Use the elastomeric administration pump (#7100) for continuous infusion - see "Pumps"
How to Insert and Manage a Subpalpebral Lavage System (AAEP Proceedings 2013) by Ann E. Dwyer DVM; Honorary Member; American College of Veterinary Ophthalmology; Partner; Genesee Valley Equine Clinic; PLLC
Eye Lavage Placement by Anne Gemensky Metzler DVM; MS; DACVO
Elastomeric Pump (#7100) secured to the eye lavage.
Medication Solution for #7100 pump
Courtesy of Dr. Meghan Mendoza and Dr. Katie Hayes; Hayes Equine Veterinary Services
MILA Eye Lavage Insertion video Courtesy of Dr. Christensen, East Valley Equine
Eye Lavage Part 2 Video (Alternate Method to Secure Catheter and Deliver Medication.
Technique and photos courtesy of Erica Tolar; DVM and Bridget Mason, DVM from Equine Services Hospital, Simpsonville, KY