- For upper or lower lid.
- Single stick insertion method.
- Soft non-irritating disk and tubing.
- Allows application of eye medication away from the site.
- Easily used in clinical and farm setting.
- Kit includes 12Ga straight or 10° angled trocar; catheter; eyelid lifter; extension tube; luer lock adapter; tongue depressor; catheters for medication infusion; and needle free port.
- Repair kit (#6615) includes tubing 20" long; cannula for connecting tubes; 18Ga and 20Ga catheter; tongue depressor; and needle free port.
- Use the elastomeric administration pump (#7100) for continuous infusion - see "Pumps"
How to Insert and Manage a Subpalpebral Lavage System (AAEP Proceedings 2013) by Ann E. Dwyer DVM; Honorary Member; American College of Veterinary Ophthalmology; Partner; Genesee Valley Equine Clinic; PLLC
Eye Lavage Placement by Anne Gemensky Metzler DVM; MS; DACVO
Elastomeric Pump (#7100) secured to the eye lavage.
Medication Solution for #7100 pump
Courtesy of Dr. Meghan Mendoza and Dr. Katie Hayes; Hayes Equine Veterinary Services
Insertion video courtesy of Dr. Christensen, East Valley Equine
Alternate Method to Secure Catheter and Deliver Medication. Technique and photos courtesy of Erica Tolar; DVM and Bridget Mason; DVM from Equine Services Hospital; Simpsonville; KY